BRING IT ON 30's!
HOW AM I ALREADY 30 YEARS OLD?!
AND WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING ANYWAYS?
So, I recently turned 30 and things are surprisingly feeling AWESOME!
- I graduated college.
- I have a cute loft in a great neighborhood and can afford to live here by myself (kinda).
- I figured out how NOT to get parking tickets in Portland, OR.
- I have a steady job (although I'm extremely overpaid).
- I have a solid group of friends who are supportive, loving, and consistent.
- HELL YES!!
However, I used to think life would be so much different at the age of 30... I was supposed to:
- Be married.
- Have kids.
- Be a teacher or be famous.
Honestly, a shit ton happend.
- My little sister is an alcoholic and I swam with her in the midst of it for a while... aka - I tried to fix her... I tried to help her... If you know anything about the Al-Anon Club then you feel me. If you don't, go check it out as I'm sure many people in your life are familiar if you aren't.
- AKA - I got way lost in the mix of this - no fault to my sister (she's a third of my being).
- My mama lost an incredibly close friend, her daughter emerged as an alcoholic, and she was re-nesting all at the same time... she had a period of healing which made me feel abandoned (totally blind to the fact she NEEDED to heal and find herself again which she absolutely did thank God).
- I was in an abusive relationship.
- I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my hips and a hip labral tear on top of that.
- I graduated college and was no longer able to identify as a college athlete... I had a feeling of not being good at anything.
- Two of my best friends were abducted (they escaped by fighting for their lives thank God).
I pulled through though and overcame hardship and adversity. I am no happy, healthy, balanced, and ready to run with life!!
BRING IT ON 30's!!